BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tender Tots

I am really excited to introduce this little service club, Tender Tots, that’s designed for kids. The idea has been floating in my mind for a few years now, and I finally got it organized (I hope!). While there are tremendous positive opportunities for our kids today that I never dreamed of as a child, I wonder about the impact of materialism and excess and overemphasis on stuff. I worry that they have too much stuff, and I'm often searching for ways to shift the focus to helping others. I also want my kids to gain compassion, charity, and the joy that comes from serving. I hope to share ideas on the blog for getting our kids involved, excited, and empowered about giving. Please post your own comments or email me with ideas (holls1004@gmail.com). And I know there are valuable lessons waiting for us, to be learned from our own little ones. I hope to serve with you soon!

0 comments: